Sunday 12 May 2013

Day dreaming

I am a daydreamer. It isn't a bad thing. I'm happy with what I've got. Hoping daydreaming become my future. I'm dreaming of a simple living. Slow life with hens, fruit and vegatable garden and little workspace for my illustrations and crafts. Slow food. Countryside. Rural landscape. Walks. Nature. Family life. It doesn't seems much but is enough for me...

When I discovered Nikki McClure, it was like a ray of morning sunlight. Suddenly my own childhood memory flashed in front of my eyes and my own motherhood of raising my son close to nature.  My son loves our recent purchase, her book "Is it summer yet?". Simple life can be so inspiring, especially when so close to nature. The ilustrations are paper cuts which makes it even more impressive. Her work depicts simple living, motherhood, parental life, farmers life; everyday tasks and duties but also a celebration of life; laying in the grass, stopping to contemplate the peace and beauty of nature.  We absolutely fell in love with that book, so there is more to be ordered...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for all Your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...